This morning we had the pleasure of hearing from Reverend Allen Matsikiti from Zimbabwe
He shared his vision to build the centre for God’s love, an epicentre for missions and evangelism in his home country.
Currently, the nearest centre is almost a thousand miles away, in Durban, South Africa and for many, getting there is just a step beyond their physical and financial means.
Allen’s vision of building a centre to offer high-quality education and training in all aspects of Christian Ministry began some years ago. Since that time he has spent a number of years in the UK, training and has begun spreading his word to bring life to his dream.
A large plot of land in Chinhoyi, 70 miles west of Harare, has been donated to them. Plans have been drawn and the first structure is near completion. The vision is being realised!
With the aim of reaching the most needy and vulnerable, the centre will empower Church Leaders and Communities to share the Gospel with passion and confidence and to show Christian love, grace and kindness.
There are three main foci:
- Evangelism – Calling people to faith in Jesus Christ and to Christian discipleship
- Missions (to equip the community) – sharing in the task of education and social and spiritual development; taking steps towards a more just world; supporting the poor and the vulnerable
- Entrepreneurship – for self-sustenance; running costs; funding missions
The Epicentre theme is inspired by the focal point on the Earth’s surface directly above the origin of an earthquake or underground nuclear explosion.
The focal message of the Centre shall be the word of God. Upon hearing it, the recipient shall share with the next and to all humanity unto the ends of the World, thus Evangelism.
The Mission is to show God’s love in practical ways by equipping communities with knowledge and skills that in turn they may also participate in the Mission of God, hence a rippled spreading effect.
Part of the work undertaken will include:
· Training for Christian Ministries
· Poverty alleviation and outreach
· Drought relief and mitigation programmes
· Community Centre
· Printing and Internet facilities
· Music recording studios
· Festivals and retreat centre
· Worship and camp site
If you would like to help this mission, there are some practical items and assistance still needed:
· Clothing and Bedding – all types, all sizes
· Tools and Work wear
· Construction items
· Electricity generator and Solar power system
· PA equipment and Musical instruments
· Sound recording equipment
· Educational items – pens, markers, notebooks…
· Computers and Laptops
· Video projectors
· Video cameras and Photography equipment
· Security equipment
· Camping gear including Tents
· Catering equipment
· Volunteers and Project friends for fundraising and donation collecting
· Financial help towards shipping costs, building, equipping and running costs
· Your Prayers
Any help you can give, large or small, will be extremely welcome
You can reach the Reverend via email here